Ask Your Real Estate Agent: Albury Property Certificates and Notices  

by Pool Builders on 05-28-2011 in Articles

After consulting with a real estate agent, Albury's motley of ideal and at times quirky properties must have left you exhausted from choosing. But lo, there is one house or one land that grabs you, and you know you must have it. While acquiring property could be as easy as paying for it, there are certificates, orders, and reports that need to be filed and submitted to ensure that you and your land is free from any hazards and headaches in the future.

The local Albury City Council's Customer Service Center at the Council Chambers will assist you throughout the process. This is required whenever you buy or sell a property and expanding or building would necessitate such consent forms.

The following are the relevant planning certificates and development consents you would have to acquire from the city council.

Section 149(2) & Section 149(5) Planning Certificates. First ask about these from your real estate agent. Albury requires the Section 149 Planning Certificate (in accordance to the Conveyancing Act, 1919) included in the contract of sale. These certificates specify how any kind of property, from villas to empty lots, should be used or developed. Section 149(2) contains only the basic information, while Section 149(5) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act contains details not found in the former. Application for the certificates usually takes up to 2 to 3 business days from the time of receipt. Current fees for Section 149(2) Planning Certificate is $40.00, while Section 149(2) and supplementary facts found in Section 149(5) cost $100.00.

Section 149A Building Certificate. This declares that a property is owned by a certain individual or cared for by the owner's representative for the next seven years. This ensures that the city council will not be responsible for any kind of construction or demolition within the property. The Building Certificate is also issued to a future buyer. The Section 149A Building Certificate Application form requires a copy of a survey report, and the fee depends on the class of the establishment (may start at $210).

Section 603 Rates Certificate. The Section 603 Rates Certificate is required along with the sale contract, in accordance to the Conveyancing Act 1919. Application may take 2 to 3 business days from the time of receipt. Fees may vary (S603 Rates Certificate with Average water meter reading: $60.00; with water meter reading: $95.00; with water meter reading and express processing: $120.00).

Section 124 Swimming Pool Certificate. The S124 Swimming Pool Certificate is issued to the swimming pool owner, in accordance to the Swimming Pools Act. An inspection of the facility should reveal that it complies with the given requirement. Fee for the certificate is $50.00.

Plumbing Report, Outstanding Notices and Orders. Application for any notices and orders may be obtained from the city council.

As enumerated above, buying a home requires a lot of paperwork and procedures, which may be confusing if you are a beginner. Before you purchase a property, it is best to ask questions to your real estate agent. Albury City Council will also provide helpful people to assist with your property needs.

Leave a Comment

List YOUR Pool Business